Group members: 95
The terms of reference TC 211 – Ground Improvement period 2010-2013
1. Rework the existing website and organise it according to the T.O.C.
2. Introduce a newsletter
3. Develop actions and members’ interaction on the following themes :
3.1. influence of equipment,
3.2. available Q.C. method,
3.3. monitoring of G.I. works,
3.4. particular soils (crushable sands, glauconitic sands, organic soils, hydraulically
deposited mud – dredged or industrial)
3.5. specifications for G.I. works,
4. Organise a workshop at the14th Asian Regional Conference, 23-26 May 2011 in
Hong-Kong, with as theme the items mentioned before.
5. Organise an International Symposium “Ground Improvement”.
This symposium shall take place in Brussels under the sponsoring of the BGGG-GBMS,
of Belgium and the CFMS of France host countries of the Co-chairmen. The sponsors are
contacted at the moment. The idea is to organise the state of fundamental research by
universities and practitioners and presented as keynote. Presently subjects are:
- One day of professional training in Q.C for various ground improvement techniques.
- Two days of conference focused a.o. on going research programmes around the
world, for example :
- Deep mixing research (Kitazume & BBRI)
- Vacuum research (Jurong – Singapore)
- Asiri research : Rigid inclusions
- New bio technologies
- FMA – USA research on MSE.
A “Menard lecture” as proposed by Jean-Louis Briaud will also take place.
No blog posts
No videos have been added yet.
No photo albums
There are currently no announcements.
GeoWorld is the online professional networking site for geotechnical engineers and associated fields.By creating a FREE GeoWorld account in just minutes, you can:
Advertising in GeoWorld
The GeoWorld community includes over 3,000 geoprofessionals (June 2013), and more members join every day! If your company is interested in discussing premium advertising solutions through GeoWorld, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GeoWorld has been co-developed by the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE) and Geoengineer.org – The International Information Center for Geoprofessionals.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com!