GeoWorld is the online professional networking site for geotechnical engineers and associated fields
  • Forum
  • What are different correlations of Permeability with respect to Soil & Rocks?

What are different correlations of Permeability with respect to Soil & Rocks? Back to Forums

13 Answers

I wrote a publication "Guidelines for Performing Investigations of Miscellaneous Structures" in 2004 for the U S Bureau of Reclamation.  It has about 6 or 7 charts from various publications where K may be estimated from index properties.  If you would like a free copy send me a message and I'll e-mail it to you.  The publication was made for small structures with little budget for investigations. 

I see I could find your email  so I sent you a copy.  If anyone else is interested let me know.

it will be interesting to get a copy of the paper please (ahmed.soliman@glencore.com.au). 

thanks

me too, thank you for sending me a copy in the address email baghat84@gmail.com

me too, thank you for sending me a copy in the address email baghat84@gmail.com

A PDF print of soil texture permeability correlations that I've compiled since 2012 is emailed. 

Factors, not included in grain size distribution, that affect permeability, are density - compaction or over consolidation. Not everyone accepts these correlations, but, when lacking better information, they supply a starting point.

Dar Jeffrey and RalphCould you send me the aforementioned files at mubashir_uet@yahoo.com

"Guidelines for Performing Investigations of Miscellaneous Structures"

and soil texture permeability correlations

Mubashir...I am away from my office for another week.  Please remind me again and I will send the manual.

Mubashir...I am away from my office for another week.  Please remind me again and I will send the manual.